Welcome to the Slay.One Wiki Help page![edit | edit source]
Here is where new editors can find useful resources to get started editing, and seasoned editors can find more advanced techniques.
This page, like every page on this wiki, is written by the community. Feel free to add more resources as you see fit.
Before You Edit: Things to Know[edit | edit source]
Register for an account:[edit | edit source]
In order to contribute your edits to the proper person, please make sure to create an account.
If your username is not your Slay.One account name, you can add your username in the 'Real Name' field in your Account Preferences.
The Language of the Wiki:[edit | edit source]
If you have looked at the "Edit Source" of a page before, you'd see that it's written in code. This is called Wikitext and it is used on most wikis across the internet.
Below will be some Gamepedia-specific help pages, but if what you want to know is not in these pages, simply search the internet for '<your issue> wikitext' and you're likely to find another wiki help page covering the topic.
Getting Started with Editing[edit | edit source]
Introductory pages:[edit | edit source]
The Gamepedia Help Wiki is the perfect resource for editing. It has tutorials and explanations of every part of wiki editing. Please spend some time on this site before starting editing.
A few specific pages to check out:
- Editing Pages: Different parts of editing and what they mean.
- Keep in Mind: Important things to consider when editing to keep this wiki factual and helpful to others.
- Uploading Files: How to add files to this wiki properly.
- Image Basics: Inserting and styling images.
- Table Basics: Adding and modifying tables.
Further Learning in Editing[edit | edit source]
Advanced pages:[edit | edit source]
These cover more complicated editing topics. If you have not read the basics, please review those before trying these.
- Advanced Tables: Borders, captions, font color, HTML and CSS attributes.
- Very Advanced Tables (Wikipedia help page): Everything you could ever need to know about tables.
These are only a few of the many help pages available on a wide range of wiki topics. Please explore them all!